- Children who have been orphaned
- Children who have been abandoned
- Children with special needs
- Children who have been mis-treated and are vulnerable
- Children who live in poverty
Take A Look At What We Do
NBCF is a non-profit organisation set up by a group of volunteers in Northern Ireland. We work closely with an experienced and carefully selected team in Africa to help bring a better quality of life to some of Uganda’s most vulnerable children.
Independent visits to New Beginnings Children’s Village
Anyone with a desire to visit New Beginnings, Uganda, must contact the Northern Ireland Committee for approval and advice before making any travel arrangements.
NBCF will seek to provide the resources to allow the development and maintenance of secure housing, educational and medical facilities for underprivileged and orphaned children in Uganda.
NBCF is a Christian based charity and welcomes children from all backgrounds in the hope that one day they will become responsible caring adults in their chosen communities and that all will come to know Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
Who We Help
How Will We Help?
- House parents will be a mother/father figure to approx. 8 children accommodated in a traditional African style village. The development was started with the construction of 3 larger homes, cooking area and toilet facilities followed by a number of smaller traditional homes.
- Counselling will be offered to each child. It is hoped that some of the children, with short term problems, will eventually be reunited with their families.
- Children will be encouraged in academic, vocational and basic life skills, to enable them to become productive and self sustainable members of the community.
- Each child’s medical needs will be monitored, and catered for.
Chairman: Neil Davey
V. Chairman: Jamie Hanna
Project Manager: Roger Annett
Operations Manager: Adele Knox
Treasurer: Jennifer Annett
Child Sponsorship: Robyn Knox
Fundraising: Lisa Cousins
Media: Neil Davey / Robyn Knox
To enable us to manage the project and have local involvement in Uganda we have created an Executive Committee and a Sub-Committee based in Nakasongola, comprising some locally skilled based people, along with a Management Committee including representatives from Northern Ireland.
Organise or take part in a fundraising event.
We organise several fundraisers each year and would love to hear from anyone willing to take part. However if you or your organisation has an idea, we would love to hear from you. We can provide support and assistance before and during events. Please contact us before you fundraise on our behalf.